Eckersley O’Callaghan Big Wrap up of 2020
22nd December 2020
2020, what a year and where to begin? The year “you’re on mute…” was our most used phrase, and all surfaces became hard and wipe clean.
But around the obvious challenges it has created, there have also been some real positives in 2020.
Here are just a few of our highlights!
- The opening of not one, but three new landmark Apple stores; Apple Central world in Bangkok, Thailand, Apple Sanlitun in China and Apple Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. Each of these incredible buildings pushes innovative design further than before and is the culmination of years of research and collaboration with the glass industry.
- The announcement of our role as structural and facade engineers on the world’s tallest hybrid timber tower, Atlassian in Sydney Australia. Using this design, the tower will have a reduction in embodied carbon of up to 50%.
- We opened a new office! Our new Los Angeles office is now up and running with the brilliant Lisa Rammig running the show.
- Two very successful series of webinars with 23 presenters, over 2000 participants from 44 different countries from Albania to Argentina, Mexico to Macedonia and Pakistan to Poland.
- Socials galore including; cocktail making, shortbread making, quizzes, Christmas radio, Wreath making, Bogan Bingo, pottery sculpting, Night at the races, switching on of the Christmas tree lights (by the Queen no less!), recipe challenges and Secret Santa.
- Our Paris office outgrew their office and has now moved into a much bigger space on the Boulevard de Magenta.
- And…..Four new babies have been born into the Eckersley O’Callaghan fold
We’d love to thank a few people who’ve helped us achieve all of this.
To our grads who have continued to impress with their dog-eared determination to learn and progress. To our engineers who have done what they do best and worked hard to come up with solutions to ensure continuity in their projects and minimise disruption. To our collaborators.
And finally, to our fantastic clients without whom none of this would be possible!
We’re now looking forward to 2021 with excitement for what the future will hold and we can’t wait for when we’re allowed to see you all in person again.