Grand glass-encased entrance to Bulgari’s new jewellery manufacturing facility in Valenza, Italy.
Founded in Rome in 1884, Bulgari is recognised as one of Italy’s finest fashion brands, producing a range of luxury items that includes jewellery, watches and fragrances. The Bulgari Glass House forms the entrance to Bulgari’s new state-of-the-art jewellery manufacturing facility in Valenza.
Eckersley O’callaghan provided facade and structural engineering services for the new wing, which is encased entirely in glass and stands 13 metres tall. It has been specially detailed to accommodate the movements of the lightweight steel structure.
The steelwork is clad in mirror-polished stainless steel to enhance the feeling of lightness and space within the pavilion.
As an extension to an existing stone building, the design reflects the ideals of Bulgari, creating a bridge between tradition and innovation.